Monday 5 August 2013

The Gardening Broker

Good afternoon all, trust you all had a lovely weekend. After a hectic couple of days myself as I sat in the lounge last night I reflected on one or two crazy things I had done over the past two days without giving it a moments thought.

I am not one of life's great DIY experts or gardeners, I love a tidy house and garden but am not a great exponent of any of these disciplines. However I do give it a go and on most occasions make a good fist of it.

On Saturday and Sunday the garden hedges needed a good tidy this would involve me getting out the electric trimmer and going round the garden cutting and tidying. The hedges and bushes go up to a height of about 12 feet and I would need the ladder my father had kindly given to me along with the use of his trimmer.

As I climbed the ladder, which I had done on several occasions, I thought that this does not seem overly safe, the ladder was not anchored to the ground very well and at the top the hedge didn't represent a good place to put the top of the ladder, which became apparent as I reached the top and the ladder lurched left sending my face into the very prickly bush.

You must remember that as this was happening I was brandishing my electric trimmer cutting away at branches and leaves close to my legs and head.

There are couple of points here, don't take chances doing this work without someone to help and get Insurance in place for any Accident that may occur as you could be off work for many weeks or do yourself permanent injury and how would you or your family cope financially. We have such policies available so call and ask me.

P.S This blog was tricky to type with the loss of 6 fingers - Only a joke not really, but you see what I mean.

Philip Beckett Dip CII Cert PFS
The Insurance Centre Limited.
01603 400755

No comments:

Post a Comment