Tuesday 30 July 2013

A gentle stroll.

Good morning all, last night was a little unusual with regards to seeing things, I got home and my better half and I thought it would be nice to take advantage of the evening sunshine and get out on the bikes.

We had a lovely ham salad, fruit and yoghurt and got out the mean machines. As usual my backside took a little while to acclimatise to the seat but it soon got more comfortable and we were away.

Out of the village and onto the next through the countryside admiring the lovely views heading towards our Pub stop. As always it amazes me that whatever direction you go the wind is in your face and as each incline arrives you begin to wonder why you thought it would be relaxing to come out on the bikes, however we arrive in Scratby and head towards the beach front to look at the fantastic views of the beach and the sea.

As we turn onto the cliff top my eye is taken by a couple walking along on top of the cliff holding a lead, nothing unusual about that I hear you say. Being the owner of a Yorkshire Terrier myself I thought bloody hell that's a small dog, but it wasn't a dog at all. It was a HEDGEHOG. Yes a hedgehog on a lead, out for a walk. As I and my partner swerved on our bikes through both laughter and disbelief we almost came a cropper ourselves.

We regained our composure and completed our journey but I have never seen a hedgehog out for a walk but I have seen a ferret out on a lead. I would be interested to hear of other strange things other people have seen out for a walk other than humans.
 

 
 
Philip Beckett
The Insurance Centre Limited.
01603 400755

UPDATE:

Done a little research in to this and it seems as though the hedgehog are a fairly popular pet. In the United States the African Pygmy Hedgehog was (if only for a very brief time) the celebrity pet of choice .
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment